If you love a warm light, you’ll love these LED lighting optionsFind more lighting and lamp options on light online now!
"Those lights make everything look blue." Ugh. we heard that remark about LED lighting too many times to count. For me, as a designer (aka home-problem-solver), it’s frustrating to hear friends reminisce about how the glow from 60-watt incandescent light bulbs would make their homes look and ‘feel’ so warm.
Well, LED light bulbs can make your home look and ‘feel’ equally as warm as those 60-watt incandescent lights. True story.
LED Lighting Bulbs Don't Have To Be Blue
LED light bulbs don't have to be blue, there's lots of choices.
It’s like everything else in the world of technology, there's lots of options with LEDS: variety of color temperatures, dimmability and brightness. There also are more tech specs you’ll want to know about in order to achieve the desired color of light in your home.
The Tiffany styled art glass floor lamp has a color temperature of 3000k, which is similar to the temperature of the 60-watt bulb.
The Higher Temperature Means Cooler Light
For any type of light, the higher the temperature, the cooler the light.
LED lighting is available in a variety of color temperatures. I think that one of the best parts about LED light bulbs is that they have a wide range of color temperature possibilities. And it’s probably the easiest part of tech specs to remember.
If you want the inside of your home to look like it ‘used to look’ with incandescent light bulbs, you like the warmer light look, you’ll want to look for an LED that has a color temperature around 2700K to 3000K.
LED Pendant Lights
1. Philips Master Led Mr16 7W 24D Warm White Dimmable: The color temperature of this Mr16 philips LED light is 2700k
2. Deluxlite Energy Saving LED GU10 7W Warm White: This LED GU10 light has a color temperature of about 3000k, which is within the expected color range of incandescent bulbs.
LED Light Bulbs
LED light bulbs can be used in many different fixtures. if you are shopping for LED lighting, you might start wondering if the fixture has to be under the ‘LED lighting’ category in order for you to use LED light bulbs. Not true.
You can update lighting in your home with LED light bulbs. But, before you click on the link and start shopping, keep in mind the color temperature range that you desire. So if you like a warm light like an incandescent, look for 2700K to 3000K. If you want a daylight look, which can be perfect for your Instagram photos, look for 3500 to 4100K, which is in the color neutral zone.
1. LED 7 Watt A19 Non Dimmable Bulb: This little LED light bulb has a color temperature of 2700K and is comparable to a 40-watt incandescent bulb.
2. 12 Watt Dimmable LED Omni Directional Light Bulb: This dimmable LED bulb is comparable to the color temperature a 60 watt incandescent. And it lasts about 25,000 hours.
3. LED 12 Watts BR30 Light Bulb: This Dimmable LED 12-watt light bulb is also comparable to a 60-watt incandescent, with a color temperature of 2700K.
Press Release: LED Light Bulbs Offer a warm glow similar to Incandescent Bulbs